Independent Consultant, Research & Service Design
Provide Service Design, Research, UX Design and Strategy services directly to corporate clients including Novartis, CVS Health, Ocean Spray, LeGrand, Dell Technologies, 5hellos, Petari.
Head of Customer Experience
DayToDay Health, Boston, MA, 2019-2022
Joined this healthcare startup to build an in-house CX practice for remote patient care.
- Conducted all generative and evaluative research, patient & clinician interviews, surveys, concept testing, service design testing, and usability testing.
- Worked with design and service operations teams to rapidly incorporate insights into the agile product/service cycles to get updates and new features/services to patients every 2-4 weeks (while informing the long-term digital and service experience strategy)
- Created end-to-end patient journeys (acquisition, onboarding, clinical care, offboarding) as well as clinical service blueprints to optimize and align internal workflows.
- Trained and supported frontline clinical staff to operationalize the blueprints and deliver optimal patient experiences.
- Worked with Product Managers to create or refine product roadmaps to align with users
- Supported Sales Team with experience/service maps to aid in sales to hospitals in India, US, & UK.
- Infused CX thinking across the organization thru continuing collaborations with product, design, content, and operations teams.
Customer Experience Consultant
CNote, Amsterdam, Netherlands, 2006-2019
Co-founded this CX consultancy in Europe to help leading EU clients deliver exceptional customer experiences, build brand loyalty, and increase revenue. Client engagements included:
- Mixed methods, often rapid research, field research
- UX strategy & design, Service Design
- Project roadmaps and management to ensure on-time delivery for all engagements.
- CX & design thinking workshops for client teams
Fredhopper, Amsterdam, Netherlands, 2002-2006
Led all UX design and user research activities at this UX agency serving EU clients including Philips, Thomas Cook, Deloitte, ING, Ahold, Argos UK, ShopDirect. Typical activities included:
– Qualitative, Contextual User Research
– User needs, business needs & gap analysis
– Journey maps, Process flows
– Conceptual, Interaction and Visual designs
Director of User Experience
TechTarget, Dedham, MA, 1999-2002
Built and led 12-person UX team of researchers, designers, and producers when TechTarget was a startup offering vertical content to the tech industry.
Worked cross-functionally with Marketing, Sales, IT, Business Development, and Acquisitions teams to ensure user-representation.
Successfully designed and launched 20+ IT-specific vertical web sites in fast-paced startup environment.
Led the customer research and testing for all 20+ sites to oversee ongoing improvements.
User Experience Design Consultant
Reed Elsevier (RELX), Cambridge, MA, 1997-1999
Established first in-house UX team to offer web application design and usability services to Reed Elsevier’s 40+ publishing companies including Elsevier Science, Reed International, OAG, Cahners, and LEXIS-NEXIS.
Services included contextual inquiry, conceptual and UX design, user needs analysis, usability-testing, and visual design.